Friday, June 11, 2010

My Story (Part 4)


(Chapter 3 – The Hunt Begins)

On the same night, Liana started to have a nightmare, in one street in the older part of the town, a battle is waging. Liana sees a familiar girl is being chased by a large group of shadow beings wearing long Red Capes and mysterious masks that covers the upper part of their faces.
The girl runs fast and fiercely, "jeez... these guys are troublesome!"
She picks up a metal pole and chants a spell on it and threw it to the mob. The metal pole exploded, destroying a great number of her enemies, but still there are lots of enemies left for her to finish.
The girl is worn out but still has little power left in her. "...no matter how far I run, these treacherous phantoms just keep on coming! Darn it, what should I do..!? I can't die now... not when she finally awakened... I still have to guide her..!"
Liana got the feeling that the girl in her dream is talking about her. She tried talking to the girl but she could not be heard.
 The girl kept on running, she summons an ice sword, and then she stopped and faced her enemies, "I guess I have no other choice... I'll finish the whole lot of you!"
A great number of her enemies ganged up on her, but none could manage to make even a small scratch on her. “Darn! Where’s back-up when you need it most!?”
The girl moves very fast, her movements are clean and they seemed natural. The girl finished them off in less than 30 seconds, but the enemy reinforcements arrived, and this time, with a commanding officer.
"So you're the one commanding these fiends..?" The girl asked as she breathes deeply.
"It doesn't matter how many more minions you bring here, I'll just finish them all one by one... but maybe if I stopped the commander, the underlings would stop coming too...That'll make it a lot easier..." The girl pointed her sword to the leader.



The commander laughed, "What can a weak half-celestian such as yourself, ever do to defeat me...? Rhea.... That's your name, is it not?
"Uhh! Rhea!?" Liana was shocked when she heard the name. Looking closely to the girl, she does resemble her classmate. Liana tried to talk to Rhea, she kept on telling her to run, but still she could not be heard.
"So, you've heard of me..?" Rhea looked at her sword. "Well, I've never heard of you..."
The commander grinned maliciously, "I suggest you command your futile resistance and plead to let yourself be killed by me, in a less painful way."
Rhea never liked being insulted, she looked at the commander fiercely, "Watch your mouth, witch... I don't get defeated easily no matter how strong the enemy is... And I never lose to the same enemy twice! I'll definitely defeat you... If not today then someday! I'm going to make you pay for insulting me..."
She pointed her sword to the leader once again, the sword glows with blue aura, a sign that the sword is being strengthen by the water energy.
"Pay..?" The Leader laughed boastfully, "Do you think it'll be that easy..? And How could you think that you still have another day to live? Please don't make me laugh with your worthless remarks... Now then... say your prayers..!" The leader summoned her death scythe and attacked Rhea.
Rhea stumbled on the floor after she defended herself from the strong blow. "Woah... That was... strong... hmph... my turn!"
"Rhea... Be careful!" Liana is becoming scared and worried about Rhea.
Rhea and the commander still continued fighting, their weapons kept on clashing, when it suddenly started raining.
"Well, well... Looks like it's my advantage..." Rhea said this with confidence. She stepped back and suddenly disappeared.
"What the.... Grr... Little rat! Show yourself!" The leader looked around her and finds most of her companions already defeated. Then Rhea attacked her, but she was able to defend herself. With Rhea's fast movements and great combination of attacks, she managed to see an opening.
"I see it!" Rhea shouted this when she saw an opening to the leader's head. With no other way to defend herself, the leader used her arm as a shield.
"This is not over yet..." The leader gave a signal to her minions to start attacking. They once again ganged up on Rhea but it was no use.
While Rhea was busy fighting off the other enemies, the leader went behind her and waved her scythe, but she unfortunately misses, as Rhea jumped away to dodge it, and she was caught in Rhea magic trap instead. The leader's scythe was thrown away from her.
Rhea slashed the leader's back, and when she was about to deliver a finishing strike, the leader's stronger companions attacked her from behind, she successfully defended herself from them, but the leader stabbed her using a long knife with poisons of different kinds such as "Mind-numbing", "Venom", and "Paralyzing" poisons.
Rhea drops to the ground. Two enemies picked her up and held her arm. The Leader approaches her, she also casted a spell on Rhea, as the leader takes Rhea's remaining power and energy, the leader's wounds seemed to be healing.
"No! Rhea! Don't die...!" Liana said in a scared and nervous manner. "Rhea!" She kept on calling but Rhea couldn't hear her. Rhea was covered in blood, she was also coughing blood, and she was looking pale. She was definitely dying at that time. But Liana didn't want it to happen.
The Leader knelt down and held Rhea's face. She laughs softly but maliciously, "I finally caught you, little rat..." The leader grinned and she slapped Rhea.
"Now you pay for messing with me... Is there anything you want to say before I completely stop you from breathing..?"
Rhea thinks to herself, "...I'm scared....I'm very scared.. but... I shouldn't let them know my weakness... Liana... You're watching me right now, aren't you..? These phantoms are after you... so please be careful... at least while I'm still gone..." Liana heard everything Rhea thought of, she stretched out her hand to Rhea, trying to reach her, but it was in vain.
"I do have one thing to say..." Rhea told the leader weakly yet confidently, "I'll be back... And next time, I'll definitely defeat you..." The leader was infuriated, she stabbed Rhea's chest, Rhea fell to the ground.
At this moment, Liana woke up. She screamed Rhea's name, and she was panting. She woke up in fear, nervousness and worry. She stood up and looked outside the window, it was really raining, "A dream...?"
Liana kept on wondering and worrying, "Was it all just a dream..? Rhea... Please be safe..." Liana sat on her bed and still kept on thinking.
Then her brother entered the room, also worried. "Lili, are you okay..? I heard your voice just now... Are you feeling alright now..?"
Liana looked at her brother, "Yes, I'm alright, brother... but...I just had.... Another nightmare..." Alex went in his sister's room and started comforting her.

Meanwhile, on a street in the old town, the enemy leader stepped on Rhea’s head "You really just made me very mad, rat... now let me chop you into pieces!"
When the leader was about to stab Rhea again, the celestians arrived, they were also attacked by many shadow beings that's why they couldn't immediately come to Rhea's aid.
Jed, a celestian that was Rhea's friend and a Servant to the main house of the Royal family, engaged on a fight with the leader, but the leader knew that they are going to lose because there are lots of celestians there, so they pulled back and went away.
Aria went to Rhea, she tried waking her up, but it was too late. Jed went near Aria and asked if she was okay, Aria said no... "The body was poisoned... Not just by one poison, but three... Plus, she received two death blows, to be exact... There is no way the body can withstand that..."
Then Jed asked, "So... What are we going to do to the body, milady..?"
Aria looked at Jed. "We're going to keep it and "fix" it, of course... Do you even know how hard it is to make a human body..? The queen will be mad if we just threw it away... I want you to bring this back to the base... I'm going to go back to Celestia, report to Meimei and check on Rhea there as well... Bye..."
Jed bows to Aria, "Yes, ma'am... but just one question.... Who's "Meimei"?"
Aria laughed and exclaimed, "Who else would I report to!? Queen Sharmaine of course...!"
Jed laughed and said, "What a cute name... Have a safe trip back to Celestia, ma'am... And please tell Rhea how much I'm laughing at her right now for failing her mission... Thank you very much..." Jed smiled proudly.
"Well, aren't you a sadistic person... I'll make sure to send the message to her... Now go back to the base before the enemies come back..." Aria then immediately left for Celestia, Jed and the other celestians left too and went back to their Base in the Human kingdom.

~~~
A tiny bit of info.... Part 5 occurs at the same time as the whole part 6 and the first half part of part 7! yeah...

No comments:

Post a Comment